Are Lakeland Terrier Good With Kids?
Looking to get a Lakeland Terrier and want to know if a Lakeland Terrier Dog is safe with kids?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Lakeland Terrier Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with kids.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in several scenarios how a pet dog becomes more caring and defensive about the little one or the child than the family members.
You can choose really good family dogs based on three major things:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to create strong bonds and be a great companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in relation to temperament and energy level. Some larger dogs tend to be accommodating, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your household. Be reasonable about the life you can supply to a dog that needs more physical activity than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his excess energy can lead to behavior concerns.
Top 10 Child Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Lakeland Terrier Information
The spunky Lakeland makes the most of every day, always busy investigating, playing and, if it really gets its wish, hunting, running and chasing. Given daily exercise in a safe area, it settles down in the home and makes an entertaining and endearing house pet. It is reserved with strangers and usually aggressive toward other dogs and small animals. Clever, independent and stubborn, it can be mischievous. It is nonetheless sensitive and must be trained with patience as well as a sense of humor.
What to do if you lose your Lakeland Terrier
If your Lakeland Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Lakeland Terrier
If you find a Lakeland Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.