Are Maremma Sheepdog Good With Kids?
Thinking to adopt a Maremma Sheepdog and want to know if a Maremma Sheepdog is safe with babies?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Maremma Sheepdogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that is safe with babies.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in various conditions how a dog becomes more caring and protecting about the baby or the child than the family members.
You can choose good family dogs based on three key elements:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to form solid bonds and be a terrific companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in relation to temperament and energy level. Some bigger dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your family. Be realistic about the life you can present to a dog that needs more physical exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior complications.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Maremma Sheepdog Information
The principle function of this breed is as a flock and property guard. He is perceptive and assertive and devoted to his master. This breed is forgiving with children and gets along well with other dogs and pets. It can be slightly reserved with strangers.
What to do if you lose your Maremma Sheepdog
If your Maremma Sheepdog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Maremma Sheepdog
If you find a Maremma Sheepdog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.