Are Pug Good With Kids?
Thinking to own a Pug and need to know if a Pug Dog is good with kids?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Pug Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with babies.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in various circumstances how a dog becomes more caring and sheltering about the baby or the child than the household members.
You can choose good family dogs based on 3 main variables:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to form strong bonds and be a fantastic companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in relation to temperament and energy level. Some large dogs tend to be accommodating, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your family. Be realistic about the lifestyle you can offer to a pet dog that needs more physical exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his excess energy can lead to behavior problems.
Top 10 Child Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
The breed is often described by the Latin phrase multum in parvo, or "much in little" or "a lot of dog in a small space", alluding to the Pug's remarkable and charming personality, despite its small size. Pugs are strong willed but rarely aggressive, and are suitable for families with children. The majority of the breed is very fond of children and sturdy enough to properly play with them. Depending on their owner's mood, they can be quiet and docile but also vivacious and teasing. Pugs tend to be intuitive and sensitive to the moods of their owners and are usually eager to please them. Pugs tend to have a somewhat lazy nature and spend a lot of time napping. They are often called "shadows" because they follow their owners around and like to stay close to the action, craving attention and affection from their owners.
What to do if you lose your Pug
If your Pug Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Pug
If you find a Pug Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.