Are Rhodesian Ridgeback Good With Kids?
Considering to adopt a Rhodesian Ridgeback and want to know if a Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog is good with kids?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Rhodesian Ridgeback Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with kids.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in several conditions how a pet dog becomes more caring and protective about the little one or the child than the family members.
You can choose good family dogs based on 3 major elements:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to create strong bonds and be a great companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in regard to temperament and energy level. Some large dogs tend to be docile, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your family. Be reasonable about the life you can deliver to a dog that needs more physical exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior concerns.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Rhodesian Ridgeback Information
The Rhodesian Ridgeback is the hound group's answer to a somewhat protective dog. Not only is it a keen and versatile hunter, but it is a loyal guardian. It is good with children, especially protective of those in its family, but it is sometimes overly boisterous in play for small children. It is strong-willed and powerful; some can become domineering. It is reserved with strangers and can be aggressive toward strange dogs and animals.
What to do if you lose your Rhodesian Ridgeback
If your Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Rhodesian Ridgeback
If you find a Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.