Are Sarplaninac Good With Kids?
Considering to own a Sarplaninac and need to know if a Sarplaninac Dog gets along with babies?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Sarplaninac Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that is safe with kids.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in various conditions how a canine becomes more caring and sheltering about the little one or the child than the household members.
You can choose really good family dogs based on three primary factors:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You need to be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to create solid bonds and be a fantastic companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be looked at in regard to temperament and energy level. Some big dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your household. Be reasonable about the life you can deliver to a dog that needs more exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his excess energy can lead to behavior troubles.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
The temperament of the breed is described as independent, reliable, protective but not snappy, incorruptible and devoted to its master. The breed is aloof with outsiders, and calm until a threat to the flock presents itself. The breed has an extremely protective nature. In the absence of a flock of sheep, the Šarplaninac will often treat its humans as sheep - herding them away from danger or undesirable areas. They are serene and majestic, gentle with children and smaller dogs. They are also highly intelligent and bred to work without human supervision while guarding the flocks in the high pastures. Young pups can kill small animals until trained not to hunt. Like many of its cousin Mountain dogs, the Šarplaninac is a very serious and dedicated guard dog. Due to this, they are naturally suspicious of strangers and will need good socializing at a young age to lessen this innate personality trait. They are calm and gentle with their family but when faced with danger they become a formidable foe, not a suitable breed for all. Consistent and firm training is essential to ensure compliance.
What to do if you lose your Sarplaninac
If your Sarplaninac Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Sarplaninac
If you find a Sarplaninac Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.