Are Shih Tzu Good With Kids?
Considering to own a Shih Tzu and want to know if a Shih Tzu Dog is good with kids?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Shih Tzu Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with kids.
Not Good with Kids: In isolation, this dog breed might not be the best option for kids. However, to mitigate the risks, have the puppy grow up with kids and provide it with plenty of pleasant and relaxed experiences with them. This breed is also very friendly toward other pets and very friendly toward strangers.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in various instances how a dog becomes more caring and sheltering about the infant or the child than the family members.
You can choose good family dogs based on 3 main factors:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to create solid bonds and be a great companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be evaluated relative to temperament and energy level. Some big dogs tend to be docile, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your family. Be realistic about the way of life you can deliver to a pet dog that needs more physical activity than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior issues.
Top 10 Children Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Shih Tzu Information
The spunky but sweet Shih Tzu is both a gentle lap dog and a vivacious companion. It has an upbeat attitude and loves to play and romp. It is affectionate to its family and good with children. It is surprisingly tough and does have a stubborn streak.
What to do if you lose your Shih Tzu
If your Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Shih Tzu
If you find a Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.