Are Weimaraner Good With Kids?
Looking to get a Weimaraner and want to know if a Weimaraner Dog gets along with babies?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Weimaraner Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that get along with children.
Not Good with Kids: In isolation, this dog breed might not be the best option for kids. However, to mitigate the risks, have the puppy grow up with kids and provide it with plenty of pleasant and relaxed experiences with them. This breed is also shy toward other pets and shy toward strangers.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in a number of conditions how a canine becomes more caring and protective about the baby or the child than the household members.
You can choose good family dogs based on three primary things:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You need to be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to develop solid bonds and be a terrific companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be evaluated relative to temperament and energy level. Some bigger dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your household. Be realistic about the lifestyle you can present to a pet dog that needs more physical exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior problems.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
The Weimaraner is bold and rambunctious, sometimes too much so for small children. It loves to run and hunt and can become frustrated and destructive if kept penned up. It can be stubborn or headstrong. It functions best with an active owner who enjoys outdoor activities and wants a fun-loving companion.
What to do if you lose your Weimaraner
If your Weimaraner Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Weimaraner
If you find a Weimaraner Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.